Barth speaks

    Message 1 of 2 , May 5 7:49 PM
      Me fellow Barth-heads:

      What? Ho! Eh, I've probably posted this link before, but I
      rediscovered it today and am looking for an excuse to drum
      up activity on the list, I guess. So, uh, see below. It's
      an audio interview with our man from c. '91 -- the
      'Somebody the Sailor' era. (See also, IYI*, the printed
      interview from the same era, conducted by our own esteemed
      Mr Edelman, also linked below.)

      Boatloads of neato audio interviews. JB and myriad other
      prominent scribblers:

      http://www.wiredforbooks.org/swaim/

      The Edelman thing:
      http://www.dave-edelman.com/barth/interview.cfm

      P.S. On the outside chance that you're not already aware
      of them, a couple other sites that have great
      author-interview audio archives:

      Bookworm:
      http://www.kcrw.com/show/bw

      Lannan:
      http://www.lannan.org/audio/audio_ABCD.htm

      Let us know if you know of any more links like these, eh?

      Rgrds,
      Mark

      *"If you're interested" (a Wallace-ism. Cf. his 'Everything
      and More'. BTW, are any of you as psyched as I am for the
      June release of his new story collection, 'Oblivion'?
      Anyway...)
      Don't E-Mail, ZipMail! http://www.zipmail.com/
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7 5:56 AM
        --- In johnbarth@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Brawner" <markbrawner@z...>
        wrote:
        > *"If you're interested" (a Wallace-ism. Cf. his 'Everything
        > and More'. BTW, are any of you as psyched as I am for the
        > June release of his new story collection, 'Oblivion'?

        YES. I would also love to see a novel from him before I turn 50. :)