Re: Copyright

  • terra132
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 13, 2004
      Thanks so much for the source of origin for my quote. Much appreciated!
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 13, 2004
        Kind of reminds me of the bit from Funhouse:

        1. Niagara Falls

        She paused amid the kitchen to drink a glass of water; at
        that instant, losing a grip of fifty years, the
        next-room-ceiling-plaster crashed. Or he merely sat in an
        empty study, in March-day glare, listening to the universe
        rustle in his head, when suddenly the five-foot shelf let
        go. For ages the fault creeps secret through the rock; in a
        second, ledge and railings, tourists and turbines all
        thunder over Niagara. Which snowflake triggers the
        avalanche? A house explodes; a star. In your spouse, so
        apparently resigned, murder twitches like a fetus. At some
        trifling new assessment, all the colonies rebel.

        Don't E-Mail, ZipMail! http://www.zipmail.com/
      • Mal McCormack
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 15, 2004
          Those who were involved with the old Jolly Roger Barth Board may
          recall that a gent by the name of Bruce once asked the source of
          Mark's "Niagara Falls" piece. It turned out he wanted it because
          he'd just been diagnosed with a particularly nasty type of brain
          cancer and he felt it was germane to his own situation.

          Bruce and I subsequently corresponded regularly, through his numerous
          relapses and remissions, but he's been silent since November and the
          only reasonable assumption is that he's now dead. Thanks in part to
          the Mayo Clinic, I think he set a new survival record for that
          particular malignancy. I'm going to miss his emails.

          Just thought those who might remember him would like to know.

          Mal.

          --- In johnbarth@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Brawner" <markbrawner@z...>

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 16, 2004
            ". . ."

            Though crowd here, lately.

            Thanks for that, Mal. I remember Bruce allright, though I
            didn't correspond with him. I think he found us at my
            first abortive attempt at a Barth board, though, rather
            than the jolly roger thing, which latter--in what strikes
            me as a final-coffin-nail kind of thing--has as its two
            latest posts solicitations for a search tool and for "teen
            galleries."

            http://mobydicks.com/lecture/JohnBarthhall/wwwboard23.html