David Foster Wallace

  • Malcolm McCormack
    Message 1 of 50 , Jul 8 10:17 PM
      --- Mark Brawner <markbrawner@...> wrote:
      ---------------------------------
      On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 01:45:50 -0000
      "Mal McCormack" <annemac@...> wrote:
      >> "'Kiss me where it smells,' she said so I took her
      >> Allston." -- David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
      >
      >And DFW resumably has read and marked well Perseid,
      the
      >next domino
      >to topple.

      Have I ever told you about, or are you otherwise aware
      of
      or acquainted w/ DFW's novella "Westward the Course of
      Empire Takes Its Way" and its direct Barth-concerns?
      Another conversation, really, but...

      No, you haven't. The author of Infinite Jest is
      capable of novellas? I'm shocked.

      M.

    • Mal McCormack
      Message 50 of 50 , Jul 12 2:38 AM
        --- In johnbarth@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Brawner" <markbrawner@z...>
        wrote:

        > Here's the collection (why is UK cover art always so
        > shitty?):

        'Cos my boy didn't do it. ;)

        .M.