Belatedly Introducing Jorgen

  • Mal McCormack
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003
      Mark is spot-on, bulls-eye.
      Jorgen often writes cryptically after a spell on the laughing gas
      (there are honourable historical precedents), so I'm taking the
      liberty here of introducing him properly and singing his praises.

      He's the only dentist in Greenland (I suggested once this might be a
      penal posting but he denies it). He's the tireless advocate for the
      nation's gnashers and he rolls up his sleeves and gets down dirty to
      wrestle with the penny-piching bureaucrats. He's a mover and groover,
      dental/politically speaking. He's a recent convert to "postmodernist"
      fiction, doubtless because summer dark there last about 2 minutes.
      His book list speaks for itself.

      He's happily married and has a young daughter who's gorgeous enough to
      be straight out of Hans C Anderson. He has a very seaworthy boat but
      doesn't push his luck in these waters, wise fellow. I don't know how
      many fish he catches, but all fishermen lie.

      I'm delighted to count him as a recent friend and I'm sure we all
      will. (We can make allowances for the Entonox.)

      And Mark, I'm with you on CS!!! Maybe we can do a group read of it
      sometime.

      .Mal.