Re: [johnbarth] Re: Cool dentist reads LITF

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 26 4:37 PM
      Never the quickest on the uptake, yrs tryly has just
      realized something. Mal once mentioned to me that he had
      made the acquaintance of the "*sole* dentist in Greenland"
      (emphasis his). It strikes me now that the odds are
      probably not too terribly bad that you, Jorgen, are that
      man.

      Secondly, it strikes me further that you and Mal are rather
      kindred spirits (or at least not entirely dissimilar
      species of same). Something about your prose styles and
      attitudes. You must get along swimmingly.

      Well now.

      [Pastes a bit from one of his own recent missives to Mal]:

      I picked up CS!!! kind of idly yesterday and managed
      somehow to read about half of it in a sitting, an almost
      Martin-Skidmoreish feat for *me*, whose reading speed is
      not interstellar. I've enjoyed everything thus far except
      the phone call from one Mort Spindler to the Novelist
      Emeritus which went on and on and on about the
      discovered/uncovered Charles Hunter script for a stageplay
      about Edna Ferber and same C. Hunter and c. and so on ad
      boredeum. Also, the Ontological Lunch Break seemed to my
      ear to strike a weird note for some reason (and here I mean
      specifically the luch scene itself where they're actually
      at table w/ crabcakes and iced tea). Everything else,
      though I really, really dug. Fuckin' A, as Hop might say.
      Don't E-Mail, ZipMail! http://www.zipmail.com/