  • Krzysztof Majer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2003
      Hey there,

      A kwik kwestion from Kris: does anyone perhaps remember where exactly Barth
      calls himself 'the least psychological of writers' or some such? I'd bet on
      the first Friday Book, but can't now recall which essay - maybe you've been
      reading it lately and have an idea?

      .K
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 7, 2003
        "I am the least psychological of storytellers; yet even to
        me it is apparent that I write these words, and all the
        others, in part because I no longer have my twin to be
        wordless with, even when I'm with her."

        The Friday Book's "Some Reasons Why I Tell the Stories I
        Tell the Way I Tell Them Rather Than Some Other Sort of
        Stories Some Other Way" (Originally published as "The
        Making of a Writer")

        http://www.nytimes.com/books/98/06/21/specials/barth-making.html

        On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 21:01:38 +0200
        "Krzysztof Majer" <kmajer@...> wrote:
        >Hey there,
        >
        >A kwik kwestion from Kris: does anyone perhaps remember
        >where exactly Barth
        >calls himself 'the least psychological of writers' or some
        >such? I'd bet on
        >the first Friday Book, but can't now recall which essay -
        >maybe you've been
        >reading it lately and have an idea?
        >
        >.K

        Don't E-Mail, ZipMail! http://www.zipmail.com/
      • Kris Majer
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 7, 2003
          Mark, I owe you one. Many thanks!

          I do have a few others that I can't place, if I can't find them I'll maybe
          post to the group again.

          .K