RE: [johnbarth] Apologies, Touts

  • Lone Wolf & Cub
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2003
      Yeah, I'm with you all the way on Midnight's Children in particular, but
      I've read all of his books, even the early SF one, Grimus. I think the
      only one I disliked was the rock one, The Ground Beneath Her Feet, which
      I was put off in advance by the Bono connection, and then it turned out
      that Bono was all over the book too, and it's full of this really narrow
      and dated view of music where nothing that has happened in the last few
      decades, apart from Bono of course, are worth a damn. I recommend Shame
      and The Moor's Last Sigh
      - Martin Skidmore