Re: Saying Hi!!

    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2003
      --- In johnbarth@yahoogroups.com, "drummindiver" <drummindiver@i...>
      wrote:
      > Just wanted to say hello!..Just joined the group, and checked out
      > some of the recommended reading. Very impressed to see some people
      > who actually recommend spending the next two years of your life
      > slugging through 4000 pages of Proust. I'm a big Barth fan
      > (obviously) and a fellow frustrated drummer. Favourite Barth..Sot
      > Weed Factor. Looking forward to joining the fray.

      Wilkommen, bienvenue, welcome...we need some action here, as you can
      thusly see. I jump between many BBSs, so i rarely come up with a new
      idea for posts here. Drummin, I shall open up the floor with a
      friendly question--Why is Sot Weed your favorite, and what else have
      you read thus far of JB? (LETTERS is my fave, btw)
    • Lone Wolf & Cub
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2003
        Message
        There's no way of saying this that won't sound like bragging, mostly because it is, but I read all of A La Recherche in ten days. I regarded it as a treat after finishing my first year of university.
        - Martin Skidmore