Saying Hi!!

  • drummindiver
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2003
      Just wanted to say hello!..Just joined the group, and checked out
      some of the recommended reading. Very impressed to see some people
      who actually recommend spending the next two years of your life
      slugging through 4000 pages of Proust. I'm a big Barth fan
      (obviously) and a fellow frustrated drummer. Favourite Barth..Sot
      Weed Factor. Looking forward to joining the fray.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2003
        --- In johnbarth@yahoogroups.com, "drummindiver" <drummindiver@i...>
        wrote:
        > Just wanted to say hello!..Just joined the group, and checked out
        > some of the recommended reading. Very impressed to see some people
        > who actually recommend spending the next two years of your life
        > slugging through 4000 pages of Proust. I'm a big Barth fan
        > (obviously) and a fellow frustrated drummer. Favourite Barth..Sot
        > Weed Factor. Looking forward to joining the fray.

        Wilkommen, bienvenue, welcome...we need some action here, as you can
        thusly see. I jump between many BBSs, so i rarely come up with a new
        idea for posts here. Drummin, I shall open up the floor with a
        friendly question--Why is Sot Weed your favorite, and what else have
        you read thus far of JB? (LETTERS is my fave, btw)
      • Lone Wolf & Cub
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2003
          Message
          There's no way of saying this that won't sound like bragging, mostly because it is, but I read all of A La Recherche in ten days. I regarded it as a treat after finishing my first year of university.
          - Martin Skidmore