Re: Another newbie

    Message 1 of 4 , May 22 10:50 AM
      --- In johnbarth@y..., Rick_Slade@m... wrote:
      Are there any other
      > Avram Davidson fans out there?

      Hi,

      Not aware of Davidson, how would he relate to JB?
    • Barbara Schmidt
      Message 2 of 4 , May 22 10:58 AM
        I don't know Davidson either-but I think a person who likes JB liking
        someone else is enough connection.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 22 11:28 AM
          Davidson: incredibly neglected writer of mainly short fiction. Published
          (when published) in SF, fantasy mags, although he did get a few novels
          into print. I'm currently reading one of his series on Vergil magus, taken
          from the medieval view that the Virgil who produced, among other things,
          the Aeneid was more notably a wizard of his time. It appears that every
          writer who has read Davidson stands in awe. Highly recommended from these
          quarters!