Re: Of Catching Up

  • agrimorfee2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2002
      --- In johnbarth@y..., "Mark Brawner" <markbrawner@z...> wrote:
      Did anyone else find the maps
      > curiously inelegant, difficult to read, and rather
      > ill-suited to their ostensible purpose? Yech.

      I have always found maps in fiction books to be a nice little
      decoration, nothing more. I cna't even read an Illinois Highway map,
      let alone, etc...
    • Derik
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2002
        On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Mark Brawner wrote:

        > up with the posts): Did anyone else find the maps
        > curiously inelegant, difficult to read, and rather
        > ill-suited to their ostensible purpose? Yech.

        I think I came down on not being interested in the geography of the book
        to begin with, so I barely looked at the maps. Though I have, once or
        twice, been on a boat in the Chesapeake, so I have a bit of a feel for the
        area.

        Derik A. Badman.

        ---

        "Stop living and read!" - Fernando Pessoa

        "Life consists in what a man is thinking of all day." - Emerson