Doug's role: a thought

  • Richard Stock
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2002
      Before Paisley happened and Peter meets Frederick Talbott, I saw Doug as
      a kind of muse for Peter, trying to give him something to *not* write
      about in order to provide him with something to write about. Peter is
      perhaps not seeing the trees through the forest, as it were, and Doug
      tries to give him a motivation for his writing, a motivation away from
      something, which inevitably is a motivation towards something. Doug
      providing a narrative ground for Peter's figure. In this understanding
      the fact that this something is the CIA is unimportant, it is just a topic.

      And the mounting suspense over what will happen with Peter's writing is
      great.

      Rick

      P.S. Whatever happened with that 11 months pregnant thing?