      From: johnbarth@yahoogroups.com [mailto:johnbarth@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Cbrady
      Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 6:33 AM
      To: Undisclosed-recipients
      Subject: [johnbarth] to the literary circle

      Speaking of poetry, this one really blew me away this morning.
      c/e

      The Writer's Almanac for Friday, October 14, 2005
      Poem: "Smell and Envy" by Douglas Goetsch from Nobody's Hell. © Hanging Loose Press.

      Smell and Envy

      You nature poets think you've got it, hostaged
      somewhere in Vermont or Oregon,
      so it blooms and withers only for you,
      so all you have to do is name it: primrose
      —and now you're writing poetry, and now
      you ship it off to us, to smell and envy.

      But we are made of newspaper and smoke
      and we dunk your roses in vats of blue.
      Birds don't call, our pigeons play it close
      to the vest. When the moon is full
      we hear it in the sirens. The Pleiades
      you could probably buy downtown. Gravity
      is the receiver on the hook. Mortality
      we smell on certain people as they pass.

      STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY:
      The information contained in this electronic message is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email, be advised you have received this message in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying is strictly prohibited.  Please notify TradePoint Systems LLC immediately at (603) 889-3200 and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic