Re: c minor 2 harpsichords concerto

  • pgwatchorn
    Message 1 of 390 , Nov 7, 1999
      Hi. I just joined this club. I run a professional
      Bach Ens. in Boston, and perform all of the
      harpsichord works. Regarding the harpsichord concerto BWV
      1054 in D, this is indeed an arrangement of the E
      major fiddle concerto, BWV 1042. But if you search the
      other harpsichord concertos, you will find that they
      are virtually all clever arrangements. As a good
      Lutheran, Bach never wasted any music and recycled wherever
      possible. But his arrangements were also made with
      extraordinary care and skill.The final concerto for four
      harpsichords (BWV 1065) is also an arrangement, not of a work
      of Bach, but of Vivaldi's b minor concerto for four
      violins from L'Estro Armonico. Congrats on the club, look
      forward to lots of fun!
      Message 390 of 390 , Feb 21, 2002