Re: A Wondering in E flat Minor BWV 501

  • MeanderingMan
    Message 1 of 390 , Sep 27 8:44 PM
      Hi, Ray.<br><br>One thing about Bach: he worked
      very hard, and felt a strong work ethic. Someone once
      asked him "how he did it" and he replied (rather
      pissily, if you ask me) "Any fool could do what I do if he
      worked hard enough."<br><br>All that notwithstanding,
      when he arrived at the Boys' School (in Leipzig?),
      where he spent a large portion of his life, he promptly
      turned over much of the teaching to a hired teacher . .
      . so he could spend more time composing!<br><br>Are
      you a player of Bach's music? Anyone else? I have a
      piano, and am (slowly) going through the pieces of
      Bach's that I love very much. I'm limited by my
      childhood training, but that doesn't quell my enthusiam!
      Message 390 of 390 , Feb 21, 2002