Tribute to Rosalyn Tureck tonight, July 17, 2003

  • JohSebastianBach@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2003
      I apologize for the short notice about this event, but better late than
      never. I also apologize for any duplicate postings.

      Tonight, July 17, 2003, at 8:00, as a part of the International Keyboard
      Institute at the Mannes College of Music, 150 West 85th Street, New York, NY
      10024, a tribute will be held to honor the great American pianist, Rosalyn Tureck.
      This tribute is open to the public, and I understand that admission is free.

      In addition to a selection of video excerpts and recordings of Rosalyn
      performing, there will be several live performances by students and friends of
      Rosalyn's, and three long time friends and colleagues will speak about various
      aspects of her life and career.

      Rosalyn, who, sadly, is not well, will not be able to attend the evening, but
      I understand that she has prepared a greeting to the audience, which will be
      read on her behalf by her long time friend, Michael Charry.

      The Master of Ceremonies for the evening is David Dubal, pianist, author,
      lecturer, and the host of the WQXR program "Reflections from the Keyboard".

      I look forward to seeing you at this event honoring one of the greatest
      keyboard players of the 20th century and of all time.

      TNT

    • lee_merrill
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 25, 2003
        I have Rosalyn Tureck's Goldstein variations, and I recommend them
        highly, very heartfelt...

        Best wishes,
        Lee