Hi

  • ]-[37]-[R1R
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10, 2002
      Hi people.

      I am a huge J.S.Bach fan and am glad to have found this club. the only classical music i really like is J.S.Bach's and otherwise i like all types of tasteful metal.

      I play guitar and am convinced of several things.

      1. all modern music is derrived from Bach's work

      2. heavy metal is the closest to Bach's work than any other type of modern music

      3. in order to write successful music nowdays, Bach's work must be studied.

      last week i started a study that i will one day finish, to directly link modern music to Bach. i will find many artists and their influences and trace it back to Bach. if i am wrong, then i guess i have to start listening to another artist :D

      Hethrir.
    • your_own_personal_jesus11
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 28, 2002
        Hi. I'm new here as well and I agree with you that J.S. Bach is by
        far the best classical composer. Classical music isn't my favorite
        style, but I love Bach anyway.

        I listen to music of a lot of different styles because I'm weird
        about how I categorize music. To me Nirvana and Depeche Mode sound
        more like Bach than Mozart does. The way music gets classified in my
        mind Nirvana, Depeche Mode, and Bach's music is incredibly beautiful
        and Mozart's is awkward and overly complicated. I find it more
        helpful to sort music by quality rather than style. If I had to pick
        a style of music as my favorite, I would say synth pop, but Bach is
        still better than Kajagoogoo. (OK, I think that's enough said about
        Kajagoogoo...)

        You should hear "Autobahn" by Kraftwerk, if you haven't already.
        Most of the people I know have never heard of it unless they were
        around while I was playing it, but their idea of good music is Dave
        Matthews, not Bach. I think it sounds similar to Tocatta and Fugue
        in D Minor, but electronic. I dunno what you think of electronica,
        but it's a good song.

        --- In johannsebastianbach@y..., "]-[37]-[R1R" <hethrir@o...> wrote:
        > Hi people.
        >
        > I am a huge J.S.Bach fan and am glad to have found this club. the
        only classical music i really like is J.S.Bach's and otherwise i like
        all types of tasteful metal.

        > I play guitar and am convinced of several things.
        >
        > 1. all modern music is derrived from Bach's work
        >
        > 2. heavy metal is the closest to Bach's work than any other type of
        modern music

        > 3. in order to write successful music nowdays, Bach's work must be
        studied.

        > last week i started a study that i will one day finish, to directly
        link modern music to Bach. i will find many artists and their
        influences and trace it back to Bach. if i am wrong, then i guess i
        have to start listening to another artist :D

        > Hethrir.
      • Debra Spordic
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 19, 2006
          hey guys, I found a place where you can make some extra cash, I made
          over $900 extra last month.. Just put in your zipcode to see what's
          available in your area. I live in a small place and found several
          places.
          http://www.degree-online.info/takeaction.html
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 10, 2007