Re: about g-minor fantasy and fugue

  • gartner
    Message 1 of 390 , Jul 3, 2001
      A few years ago I sequenced both books of The
      Well-Tempered Clavier. You can find the files at the Classical
      MIDI Archive
      (<a href=http://www.classicalarchives.com/bach.html#800 target=new>http://www.classicalarchives.com/bach.html#800</a>), and also at my web site
      (<a href=http://www.geocities.com/gartner target=new>http://www.geocities.com/gartner</a>). You can listen to the pieces at both sites, but
      if you want to download them I've got them in two
      zip files (one per book) at my site, which is more
      convenient than getting 96 files one at a time. Also I did
      some work on them after submitting them to CMA and my
      site has the later versions, which I think are
      better.<br><br>If you check out the BWV800- section on CMA, you'll
      see that I'm far from being the only one to attempt
      this gargantuan task. But as far as I know only one
      person sequenced the entire WTC before me, and his
      groundbreaking work isn't even listed there. John Sankey's
      renditions (which ARE listed there) are incredibly good,
      clearly the work of a true and passionate master of the
      harpsichord.<br><br>Martin Reyto
      Message 390 of 390 , Feb 21 1:56 AM