Re: Are there any good books on Bach?

  • roberto109418
    Message 1 of 390 , Feb 3, 2000
      Here's some good books on Bach<br> a: his
      keyboard music:<br>i - Analysis of Bach's '48' - Frederick
      Iliffe<br>ii - Interpreting Bach's 'Well-Tempered Clavier' -
      Ralph Kirkpatrick<br>iii- Interepreting Bach at the
      Keyboard - Paul Badura- Skoda<br>iv - Bach's Ornaments -
      Practice - Anna Butterworth<br>ii- Dynamics of Harmony -
      George Pratt<br>iii - 18th Century Counterpoint - H.
      Gibert Trythall<br>iv - Counterpoint - Kent
      Kennan<br><br>I learnt more about playing Bach's music from
      reading harmony text-books than from any piano
      teacher!<br><br>Roberto
      Message 390 of 390 , Feb 21, 2002