Bach 2000s/Is there any bad music by Bac

  • pdqbachnot
    Message 1 of 390 , Jan 13, 2000
      The one I'm buying is the Teldec one and it's
      very good so far.<br>Wow thanks for the list of your
      favourite cantatas. Here's an unusual question.<br>I know
      that Bach is supposed to be one of the greatest
      musicians who ever lived (if not the greatest) but did he
      ever write any deliberately bad music in the sense
      that say Beethoven churned out some music just for the
      money eg. the Wellington's Victory music. The music
      itself wasn't necessarily bad it was just written on the
      quick to earn some extra cash. My question is does
      anybody have a least favourite piece of Bach music that
      he obviously wasn't very interested in writing but
      did just to fulfill a contract. Surely Bach must have
      had one or two off days when he just churned out some
      tune that he wasn't totally happy with and never had a
      chance to revise later.
      Message 390 of 390 , Feb 21, 2002