Reminders

  • Felix Just, S.J.
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26 4:31 PM
      As list manager, I didn't want to interrupt the recent lively discussions on
      this list. Now that things are a bit calmer, let me gently remind everyone of
      some of our group protocols. Most of us have followed these quite well
      (thanks!), but a few members could be slightly more attentive to one or more of
      the following (see http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~fjust/Johannine_List.htm for the
      full list):

      2.Please participate with restraint. This list contains several hundred
      well-educated members. Participate when you can make a useful contribution, but
      please refrain from dominating the conversation...

      4.Please keep your contributions closely related to "Johannine_Literature."
      Other topics might be more appropriate on other E-lists...

      6.Please make sure that the subject heading reflects the content of your
      message. If you are responding to something that was a sub-topic of a previous
      message, or if you are taking the discussion in a new direction, please change
      the subject heading.

      8.Please quote only the necessary parts of previous messages to which you are
      responding, and cut the rest. Recipients will better understand your point if
      you do not quote items that are not directly relevant to your response...

      10.Please avoid chatter and clutter. Send messages of a private nature directly
      to the individuals, not to the list...

      Thanks to everyone for keeping the discussions courteous, even if we often
      disagree strongly with one another!
      Felix
      Felix Just, S.J. -- Dept. of Theological Studies
      Loyola Marymount University -- 7900 Loyola Blvd.
      Los Angeles, CA 90045-8400 -- (310) 338-5933
      Website: http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~fjust