RE: [John_Lit] Jn 4,22 - salvation from the Jews

  • Piet van Veldhuizen
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 17, 2000
      Dear Mr Frank McCoy,

      Thank you so much for your ideas about the relation of John 4 to Philo's
      Fuga, which I am eager to check myself. I readily admit that this relation
      might explain the emergence, or order of emergence, of certain themes in
      John, and might allow a reading of John 4 in contrast or in analogy with
      Philo's writing. But there is still left the own and inner coherence of the
      text of John, which does not at all present itself as a loose
      sentence-by-sentence commentary on Philo. Your question about what I meant
      by "eschatological worship" is perhaps answerd in my reaction, earlier
      today, to Kaare Fuglseth's message.

      Kind regards, Piet van Veldhuizen