Re: [John_Lit] Son of Man?

  • Bill Skelton
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 9, 2000
      Prof. Michaels wrote:

      > I have always thought that ho huios tou anthropou in Greek was formed on
      the
      > model of ho huios tou theou. Does the latter mean "the son of the god"?
      >
      > Ramsey Michaels

      This is new to me and perhaps to other non-scholars on the list as well.

      Is it really true that "ho huios tou theou" was the model for the phrase in
      question? If it isn't too involved, would you be able say something about
      the basis is of this belief and/or how well founded it is?

      -Bill Skelton
      wskelton76@...

    • ProfRam@aol.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 9, 2000
        Where else would we get such an odd Greek expression as ho huios tou
        anthropou, on the (Aramaic or Hebrew) basis of bar 'enosh or bar nasha?

        Ramsey Michaels
      • wcmills
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 10, 2000
          Francis:

          I would like to have a copy as well, but how do I make a payment? Need address too.

          Thanks.

          Fr. Mills

          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 10, 2000
            Dear Fr Mills,

            If you will let me have your address, I will send off a copy immediately.  I will charge the $10US and some postage (depending on where you are), and the address will be on a note.  However, I am at: Biblical Studies Department, The Catholic University of America, Washington, DC 20064, USA.  However, do not send a check until you have the book from me.

            Let me have your address and I will get it off to you.

            Regards,

            Frank Moloney, SDB

            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 10, 2000

              Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2000 9:19 AM

              Dear Frank,

              Does your reply to Fr. Mills applys to us outsiders too? I mean, outside of U.S.A. Once again I am interested in your book and would like to pay for one copy.

              Mesfin Atlaye
              Doctoral Student at Wycliffe
              Toronto.

                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 10, 2000
                  Dear Polling Sun,

                  I am sorry to have to use the list, but your email address is not on your submission.  Please send me your address at MOLONEY@....  I will certainly send 2 copies.

                  Thanks for your interest.  And the same to all the group.  Sorry for these intrusions.

                  Frank Moloney
                  I would love to have two copies, one for my own library, the other for my seminary's library.  How would that work out? Would you mind sending me through mail?  Please let me konw.

                  Poling Sun
                  Hong Kong Baptist Theological Seminary

                  Francis Moloney wrote:

[...]

                • C.W..Wali van Lohuizen
                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 13, 2000
                    Dear Frank Moloney
                    Only now I am aware of the possibility of obtaining your book.
                    If there is a spare copy still, I would appriciate to get one.
                    Payment from Holland might be a problem, as sending the book might be
                    cumbersome.
                    I will be at Nashville. If you would be there, we could exchange. Or with
                    somebody on your behalf?
                    I am looking forward hearing from you,
                    Wali van Lohuizen
                    Singel 170-172
                    1015 AH Amsterdam, Holland
                  • Francis J. Moloney, SDB
                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 16, 2000
                      Dear Wali,

                      I am putting a copy of "The Johannine Son of Man" in the mail for you today.
                      As far as payment is concerned, I will not be at the SBL meeting. I always
                      go, but find that they are getting bigger, weaker, and more confused each
                      year.

                      For payment, while you are in the USA, just put $14 in an envelope and send
                      it to me while you are in the USA. My address is:

                      Professor Francis J. Moloney, SDB
                      Department of Biblical Studies
                      The Catholic University of America
                      Washington, DC 20064

                      That should cover all costs. Thanks for your interest, and good reading!

                      Message 10 of 18 , Oct 16, 2000
                        Dear Frank,
                        Thank you for taking care. I feel honored to get your book in this personal
                        way.
                        Yes, payment in this way is practical.
                        Thanks for the trouble,\.

                        Wali