Re: Names

  • Frank Glenn
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2000
      At 09:25 AM 9/15/00 -0400, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:
      >Horace Jeffery Hodges wrote:
      >>
      >> One small note: My name has an unusual spelling --
      >> "Jeffery". Nearly everybody makes the same mistake at
      >> first and spells it "Jeffrey". I'm probably fighting a
      >> losing battle, but I keep on trying...
      >>

      >Funny. I have exactly the opposite problem. People are always
      >transforming mine to your spelling!

      And then there is the reversal of my name (Frank Glenn) to "Glenn Frank".
      About 20 years ago I checked into a hotel in Chicago and the deskclerk said,
      "My God, Dr. Frank, I thought you died years ago." It turns out that a Dr.
      Glenn Frank was president on one of the colleges or universities (UChicago,
      Northwestern,?) up there.

      Frank