RE: [John_Lit] John's Prologue - 1.5 - zwh

  • Pete Phillips
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2000
      Thanks Leonard - I've seen de la Potterie's articles and the influence shows!

      Pete

      Peter Phillips
      New Testament Lecturer and Director of Studies,
      Cliff College,
      Calver,
      Hope Valley, Derbyshire, UK

      Tel: +44 1246 582321 x122
      Fax: +44 1246 583739

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 23, 2000
        For a fifth century understanding of this section, I refer you to the
        Paraphrase by Nonnos of Panopolis. My present work, and English verse
        translation, is available in part at the URL below. The Greek is hard to
        find, but if you communicate with me, perhaps we can make arrangements.

        Regards,
        Tony Prost
        All Nonnos All Day
        http://nonnos.iscool.net