Re: [John_Lit] John 5

  • Moloneyfj@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2000
      Interesting to hear the John 5:1-6 application to contemporary Israel.
      Please avoid that type of reading, Rog.

      However, on the possibility that the porticoes are a symbol of Torah, the
      best (and most authoritative) voice on that has been C. H. Dodd, "The
      Interpretation of the Fourth Gospel." I am at home, and do not have the book
      with me ... but it has to be about pp. 320 ff. Just find his section (second
      part of the book) which "reads" through the narrative.

      Hope that is of some help.

      Frank Moloney