John 5

  • Roger Elliott
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2000

      Dear All,

      I have been following this Johannine Literature egroup for some time now. Many thanks to those who share their thoughts and understanding of the Scriptures to the rest of us. Let me assure you all that you are of great service to the many who only use this egroup in a read only manner.

      Being unable to use my computer for a while, I have just finished working my way through the backlog of months of Emails. I was hoping to find some discussion about John 5. Verses 1 – 6. for I have heard it suggested that an allegorical meaning of the five porticoes is the Torah and the sick being the State of Israel etc.

      Does anyone know of any commentaries or books along these lines, any information would be greatly appreciated. Please forgive me if you have covered this subject and I have missed the relevant Emails. Copies of any such Emails would also be appreciated.

       Thanks in advance,

      Rog Elliott