Re:[John_Lit] Build a bridge back to God

  • Mike MacDonell
    Message 1 of 2 , May 25, 2000
      Dear Gary:

      At 01:59 PM 5/25/00 -0700, you wrote:
      >I am not sure who sent this, but it seems to me, after viewing the
      website, that
      >this is not what the listserve is about. Finger pointing evangelists and the
      >sectarian attitude this seems to project is certainly wide of the mark for
      the
      >purposes of academic discussion. That's my take on this.
      >
      >- Gary D. Salyer

      Referring to an earlier (anonymous) post:

      >>Build a bridge back to God
      >>http://www.fromUSAlive.com/harvest
      >>
      >>This week on Harvest Time Internet TV, Pastor Bruce teaches how Adam
      >>broke the connection between God and man by committing the original
      >>sin. Jesus gives us a way back to God through forgiveness of sin,
      >>which Pastor Bruce illustrates by building a bridge. Each missing
      >>plank, replaced one by one, is a scripture of the Bible.

      Not only do I agree with you wholeheartedly, I also went to the web page to
      see why you used the phrase "Finger pointing evangelists." Imagine my
      delight to find not only a photo of Pastor Bruce pointing his finger at me,
      but also standing on a bridge, apparently to reinforce the point of this
      week's episode. At least I got a smile out of it, although I believe that
      was the opposite of its intended purpose.

      Whoever is posting this stuff should be contacted by the moderator and
      asked to resist the temptation.

      Best Regards,
      Mike

      Michael T. MacDonell, Ph.D. (Ransom Hill Bioscience, Inc.)
      Dieu mésure le froid à la brebis tondue.
      -Henri Estienne (1594): Les Prémices, etc. p. 47.