Re: [John_Lit] Satan blinds man from God's righteousness

  • Mike MacDonell
    Message 1 of 2 , May 18, 2000
      At 07:43 PM 5/18/00 +0000, reverend_buck wrote:

      >Satan blinds man from God's righteousness

      >God is loving and not vengeful. It is important to understand that
      >Satan blinds man from God's righteousness.

      To the contrary, it would seem that Paul has gone somewhat out of his way to
      make the case that God is indeed vengeful. Consider:

      Romans 3:5 But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what
      shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance?

      Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto
      wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

      Thessalonians II 1:7-8 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord
      Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire
      taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of
      our
      Lord Jesus Christ:

      Hebrews 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I
      will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

      Or, as is too often the case with the clergy, is God only vengeful when it
      suits the speaker (in this case, Pastor Bruce Shaffer and Associate Pastor
      Larry
      Hazlett)?

      Best Regards,
      Mike
      Michael T. MacDonell, Ph.D. (Ransom Hill Bioscience, Inc.)
      Dieu mésure le froid à la brebis tondue.
      -Henri Estienne (1594): Les Prémices, etc. p. 47.