Satan blinds man from God's righteousness

  • reverend_buck@excite.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 18, 2000
      Satan blinds man from God's righteousness
      http://www.fromUSAlive.com/harvest

      This week on Harvest Time, Pastor Bruce Shaffer and Associate Pastor
      Larry Hazlett, both of the World Harvest Bible Church, preach that
      God is loving and not vengeful. It is important to understand that
      Satan blinds man from God's righteousness. Satan is a thief that
      comes to spread natural disaster, and is the author of sickness and
      disease. It is he, not God, that is to blame for man's trials.
    • Mike MacDonell
      Message 2 of 2 , May 18, 2000
        At 07:43 PM 5/18/00 +0000, reverend_buck wrote:

        >Satan blinds man from God's righteousness

        >God is loving and not vengeful. It is important to understand that
        >Satan blinds man from God's righteousness.

        To the contrary, it would seem that Paul has gone somewhat out of his way to
        make the case that God is indeed vengeful. Consider:

        Romans 3:5 But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what
        shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance?

        Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto
        wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

        Thessalonians II 1:7-8 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord
        Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire
        taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of
        our
        Lord Jesus Christ:

        Hebrews 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I
        will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

        Or, as is too often the case with the clergy, is God only vengeful when it
        suits the speaker (in this case, Pastor Bruce Shaffer and Associate Pastor
        Larry
        Hazlett)?

        Best Regards,
        Mike
        Michael T. MacDonell, Ph.D. (Ransom Hill Bioscience, Inc.)
        Dieu mésure le froid à la brebis tondue.
        -Henri Estienne (1594): Les Prémices, etc. p. 47.