pronunciation question

  • Brendan Gerard
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2014
      Apologies for the fact that this query is not more specifically related to John than to the other Gospels, but -

      does anyone know how to pronounce the name "Zugibe," borne by a pathologist (ob. 6/9/2013) who conducted experiments in simulated crucifixion (http://www.crucifixion-shroud.com)? I want to mention this to my students but the correct Aussprache is beyond my competence.

      Thanks!

      BG

      Revd Brendan Gerard M.A., S.S.L.
      Kapellenweg 5
      D-88145 Opfenbach
      Tel + 49 8385 1625
      Mob. + 49 151 54952896

      http://wordbookshelf.bgacademic.com

    • John Lupia
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2014
        Fr. Brendan

        I knew Fred. His name was pronounced Zoo Geeb. He recently died about 5 months ago.

        john

        Prof. Giovanni "John" N. Lupia III
        Parenti, Italia, New Jersey, USA; Beirut, Lebanon
        (twitter account) @JohnNLupia
        http://www.reginacaelipress.com/
        https://sites.google.com/site/numismaticmallcom/
        God Bless Everyone