Re: [John_Lit] Gospel of John Movie?

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29, 2011
      Excellent point, Mark (and effectively challenging the basis for seeing chs.
      15-17 as an addition--George Parsenios would appreciate that), although I'm
      still inclined to stay with Barnabas Lindars on the supplementary material
      plausibly added later, and this being a part of it. It could indeed be "the
      sermon in the alley" (or, in the vineyard) after all (although the text does
      not claim such).

      An engaging feature regarding John 7 and 8 is the use of hyperbole and
      humor--the Jerusalem crowd's laughing about Jesus regarding claims to be
      greater/older than Moses/Abraham are laced with humor in ways that seem
      insightful.

      One feature that also works extremely well is the presentation of flashbacks
      to things that had happened/been said earlier in the narrative. The
      rendering of such in black and white is especially effective, functioning to
      give the impressions of echoes of earlier material.

      Paul Anderson