Re: E. Schwartz: Aporias

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 14, 2011
      The link wrapped.

      Here's the correct link:

      http://www.archive.org/details/SchwartzAporienImViertenEvang
      elium

      Best wishes

      Wieland

      <><

      --------------------------

      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany

      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie

      Textcritical commentary:

      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/

    • McGrath, James
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 14, 2011
        Hi Paul/everyone. I too found the link didn't work, but if you just search for the book's title on archive.org<http://archive.org>, you'll find it.

        Hope this helps,

        James

        Dr. James F. McGrath
        Clarence L. Goodwin Chair in New Testament Language & Literature
        Department of Philosophy and Religion, Butler University
        4600 Sunset Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46208 USA
        http://blue.butler.edu/~jfmcgrat/
        http://exploringourmatrix.blogspot.com

        On Mar 14, 2011, at 2:05 PM, "Paul Anderson" <panderso@...<mailto:panderso@...>> wrote:

        Thank you, Wieland, for reminding us of Schwartz's important Aporien essays.
        If someone wants to translate them into English, I'd be happy to help secure
        a publisher in the United States and would be willing to contribute a
        foreword on the implications of his work.

        I was not able to log onto the documents, however, so perhaps someone can
        let me know how that can be done.

        I appreciate also Wieland's text-critical analyses of the Gospels,
        especially John!

        Sincerely,

        Paul Anderson

        On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Wieland Willker <<mailto:wie%40uni-bremen.de>wie@...<mailto:wie@...>> wrote:

        > I uploaded the following file to archive.org<http://archive.org>:
        >

        > Eduard Schwartz
        >
        > "Aporien im vierten Evangelium"
        >
        > Nachrichten von der Königlichen Gesellschaft der
        > Wissenschaften zu Göttingen.
        >
        > Philologisch-historische Klasse
        >

        > Part 1: 1907, p. 342-372
        >
        > Part 2: 1908, p. 115-148
        >
        > Part 3: 1908, p. 149-188
        >
        > Part 4: 1908, p. 497-560
        >

        > Please download here:
        >
        > <http://www.archive.org/details/SchwartzAporienImViertenEvang> http://www.archive.org/details/SchwartzAporienImViertenEvang
        > elium
        >

        > This is a groundbreaking work on aporias in the Gospel of
        > John. I am not sure, but I think it was Schwartz who coined
        > the term "aporia" for the breaks, leaps and other problems
        > in the Gospel of John. His work later contributed to the
        > analysis of Robert Fortna and his reconstruction of a "signs
        > source".
        >

        > PS: Have a look at my Textual Criticism Forum:
        >
        > <http://tcg.iphpbb3.com/> http://tcg.iphpbb3.com/
        >

        > Best wishes
        >
        > Wieland
        >
        > <><
        >
        > --------------------------
        >
        > Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
        >
        > <http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie> http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie

      • Rick Hubbard
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 14, 2011
          The problem is that the last 5 characters of the link was chopped off in
          the orginal email. Make sure the following is all in a single line and
          everything should work:

          http://www.archive.org/details/SchwartzAporienImViertenEvangelium

          Rick Hubbard

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 14, 2011
            Excellent! Thanks so much.

            In reflection on earlier discussions of collections coming out, the first
            major collection on the subject of John and Qumran since Charlesworth's
            earlier collection nearly four decades ago will come out in a few months. It
            is:

            John, Qumran and the Dead Sea Scrolls: Sixty Years of Discovery and Debate.
            Edited by Mary L Coloe & Tom Thatcher. Atlanta: SBL 2011.

            Paul Anderson