E. Schwartz: Aporias

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 14, 2011
      I uploaded the following file to archive.org:

      Eduard Schwartz

      "Aporien im vierten Evangelium"

      Nachrichten von der Königlichen Gesellschaft der
      Wissenschaften zu Göttingen.

      Philologisch-historische Klasse

      Part 1: 1907, p. 342-372

      Part 2: 1908, p. 115-148

      Part 3: 1908, p. 149-188

      Part 4: 1908, p. 497-560

      Please download here:

      http://www.archive.org/details/SchwartzAporienImViertenEvang
      elium

      This is a groundbreaking work on aporias in the Gospel of
      John. I am not sure, but I think it was Schwartz who coined
      the term "aporia" for the breaks, leaps and other problems
      in the Gospel of John. His work later contributed to the
      analysis of Robert Fortna and his reconstruction of a "signs
      source".

      PS: Have a look at my Textual Criticism Forum:

      http://tcg.iphpbb3.com/

      Best wishes

      Wieland

      <><

      --------------------------

      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany

      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie

      Textcritical commentary:

      <http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/>
      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 14, 2011
        Thank you, Wieland, for reminding us of Schwartz's important Aporien essays.
        If someone wants to translate them into English, I'd be happy to help secure
        a publisher in the United States and would be willing to contribute a
        foreword on the implications of his work.

        I was not able to log onto the documents, however, so perhaps someone can
        let me know how that can be done.

        I appreciate also Wieland's text-critical analyses of the Gospels,
        especially John!

        Sincerely,

        Paul Anderson

        On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Wieland Willker <wie@...> wrote:

        > I uploaded the following file to archive.org:
        >

        > Eduard Schwartz
        >
        > "Aporien im vierten Evangelium"
        >
        > Nachrichten von der Königlichen Gesellschaft der
        > Wissenschaften zu Göttingen.
        >
        > Philologisch-historische Klasse
        >

        > Part 1: 1907, p. 342-372
        >
        > Part 2: 1908, p. 115-148
        >
        > Part 3: 1908, p. 149-188
        >
        > Part 4: 1908, p. 497-560
        >

        > Please download here:
        >
        > http://www.archive.org/details/SchwartzAporienImViertenEvang
        > elium
        >

        > This is a groundbreaking work on aporias in the Gospel of
        > John. I am not sure, but I think it was Schwartz who coined
        > the term "aporia" for the breaks, leaps and other problems
        > in the Gospel of John. His work later contributed to the
        > analysis of Robert Fortna and his reconstruction of a "signs
        > source".
        >

        > PS: Have a look at my Textual Criticism Forum:
        >
        > http://tcg.iphpbb3.com/
        >

        > Best wishes
        >
        > Wieland
        >
        > <><
        >
        > --------------------------
        >
        > Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
        >
        > http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie
        >
        > Textcritical commentary:
        >
        > <http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/>
        > http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/

        > Links

      • Wieland Willker
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 14, 2011
          The link wrapped.

          Here's the correct link:

          http://www.archive.org/details/SchwartzAporienImViertenEvang
          elium

          Best wishes

          Wieland

          <><

          --------------------------

          Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany

          http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie

          Textcritical commentary:

          http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/

        • McGrath, James
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 14, 2011
            Hi Paul/everyone. I too found the link didn't work, but if you just search for the book's title on archive.org<http://archive.org>, you'll find it.

            Hope this helps,

            James

            Dr. James F. McGrath
            Clarence L. Goodwin Chair in New Testament Language & Literature
            Department of Philosophy and Religion, Butler University
            4600 Sunset Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46208 USA
            http://blue.butler.edu/~jfmcgrat/
            http://exploringourmatrix.blogspot.com

            On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Wieland Willker <<mailto:wie%40uni-bremen.de>wie@...<mailto:wie@...>> wrote:

            > I uploaded the following file to archive.org<http://archive.org>:
            >

            > Eduard Schwartz
            >
            > "Aporien im vierten Evangelium"
            >
            > Nachrichten von der Königlichen Gesellschaft der
            > Wissenschaften zu Göttingen.
            >
            > Philologisch-historische Klasse
            >

            > Part 1: 1907, p. 342-372
            >
            > Part 2: 1908, p. 115-148
            >
            > Part 3: 1908, p. 149-188
            >
            > Part 4: 1908, p. 497-560
            >

            > Please download here:
            >
            > <http://www.archive.org/details/SchwartzAporienImViertenEvang> http://www.archive.org/details/SchwartzAporienImViertenEvang
            > elium
            >

            > This is a groundbreaking work on aporias in the Gospel of
            > John. I am not sure, but I think it was Schwartz who coined
            > the term "aporia" for the breaks, leaps and other problems
            > in the Gospel of John. His work later contributed to the
            > analysis of Robert Fortna and his reconstruction of a "signs
            > source".
            >

            > PS: Have a look at my Textual Criticism Forum:
            >
            > <http://tcg.iphpbb3.com/> http://tcg.iphpbb3.com/
            >

            > Best wishes
            >
            > Wieland
            >
            > <><
            >
            > --------------------------
            >
            > Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
            >
            > <http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie> http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie

          • Rick Hubbard
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 14, 2011
              The problem is that the last 5 characters of the link was chopped off in
              the orginal email. Make sure the following is all in a single line and
              everything should work:

              http://www.archive.org/details/SchwartzAporienImViertenEvangelium

              Rick Hubbard

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 14, 2011
                Excellent! Thanks so much.

                In reflection on earlier discussions of collections coming out, the first
                major collection on the subject of John and Qumran since Charlesworth's
                earlier collection nearly four decades ago will come out in a few months. It
                is:

                John, Qumran and the Dead Sea Scrolls: Sixty Years of Discovery and Debate.
                Edited by Mary L Coloe & Tom Thatcher. Atlanta: SBL 2011.

                Paul Anderson