14th (not 13th) Annual E-Lister's Meeting at SBL

  • jgibson000@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2010
      With apologies for cross posting.

      This is the second announcement of the now traditional (14th annual!)
      Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting gathering of all those NT
      and Biblical and Biblically related e-list members (i.e. XTalkers,
      B-Greeks, and members of Corpus Paulinum, John-Lit, Kata Markon,
      Biblical Studies, T-C List, Ioudaios, Synoptic-L, Aramaic, ANE-2, etc. )
      who will be attending the SBL conference.

      [For those of you who do not know what the Society of Biblical
      Literature is and/or are unfamiliar with the SBL Annual Meeting, go
      first to http://www.sbl-site.org/

      and then to

      http://www.sbl-site.org/congresses/Congresses_AnnualMeeting.aspx%5d.

      The informal E-Listers' meeting is planned for Saturday, Nov. 20th at
      11:30 a.m. the Eisenbrauns Press booth (# 308-313) in the Atlanta
      Marriott Marquis Exhibit Hall.

      As attendees of previous meetings know, this gathering is a great
      opportunity to place a face to an one hitherto known only as an
      electronic personality and/or to renew acquaintances made at previous SBLs.

      As I've done in the past 13 years in arranging this meeting, I'd like to
      get an advance head count of those of you who are intending to attend
      this year's SBL.

      I'd also like to know who among the intended attendees is presenting a
      paper during the conference (and at what time and place and within what
      SBL group or section and under what title).

      So this is the first call to write me OFF LIST at jgibson000 at
      comcast.net and let me know the following:

      (a) if you will be attending;

      (b) if and when and under what aegis (i.e., SBLSection and Session
      #) you are presenting a paper,

      (c) your paper title, AND

      (d) what you consider to be your "home" E-List.

      I'll keep everyone updated as the info comes in to me.

      Again, write to me OFF LIST (jgibson000@...) and please use a
      header that says something like "SBL e-listers' meeting".

      May I ask that if you are letting me know that you are giving a paper,
      that you adhere as closely as possible to the SBL Program Book
      Format when you do so. That is to say, I'd be grateful if you'd compose
      your information according to this formula:

      Name and Institution
      Section # and Title of Section
      Date and Time
      Room
      Paper title

      For example:

      Robert R. Cargill, University of California-Los Angeles
      S22-209 Blogger and Online Publication
      11/22/2010 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM
      Room: A702 - Marriott Marquis
      "The Blogging Revolution: New Technologies and their Impact on How we do
      Scholarship"

      Looking forward to seeing you in Atlanta

      Yours,

      Jeffrey

      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
      1500 W. Pratt Blvd.

    • Elizabeth Danna
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 9, 2010
        Hi Jeffrey;
        Not presenting, but should see you Saturday at 11:30.
        Elizabeth Danna