Psalms and John

  • Bob MacDonald
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2010
      It is good to hear the ancient voices on this list.

      I have been reading the Psalms for the last four years - and am just going
      through them in preparation for the conference in Oxford in September -
      anyone else going?

      As I was reading Psalm 116 I was struck by the similarity to John - we love
      because he first loved us.

      I love

      for [adonai] heard my voice

      my supplication

      Can one find an allusion in one word?

      I made a list of psalm allusions in the NT some time ago - but I think they
      are far more deeply embedded in the NT than we consider.

      Thoughts?

      Bob

      Bob MacDonald

      http://meafar.blogspot.com <http://meafar.blogspot.com/>