Order in John

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2000
      Last week I posted a short note on a Principal Component Analysis on the use
      of words in John's Gospel.
      One group was: chapter 2, 19, 20.
      Today it occured to me that (the content or some content of) chapter two was
      maybe much nearer to the end in a possible source of John. Maybe the
      temple-cleansing was originally near the end as in the synoptics. What do
      you think?

      As Jim West recently said: "since there is nothing new under the sun I'm
      sure someone somewhere has...". So I suspect this has already been proposed
      somewhere?

      Best wishes
      Wieland
      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de