PCA on John

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2000
      The analysis of the number of the most commonly used words in different
      texts can say something about the style of the author(s).
      I have analyzed the chapters of GJohn and counted the numbers of "hO",
      "KAI", "AUTOS" etc. and the numbers of nominatives, genitives etc.
      Then I performed a Principal Component Analysis with these data. (This was
      only a very basic test with 13 variables, all normalized of course.)
      The result is (for all friends of source theories):

      Group 1: 5, 14, 15, 16, 17
      Group 2: 7, 8, 9, 13 (near to group 1)

      Group 3: 2, 19, 20

      Group 4: rest (1, 3, 4, 6, 10, 11, 12, 18, 21)
      With 21 next to 4 and 11. 21 is not related to group 1.

      The most distinct chapters of all are 2 and 16.

      I don't know if this is worth anything. Just in case, I wanted to report it.
      I leave the discussion to you.

      Best wishes
      Wieland
      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de