13th Annual E-Lister's Meeting at SBL

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2009
      With apologies for cross posting.

      It's that time of year again when the Society of Biblical Literature's
      Annual Meeting is just around the corner (Nov. 21st - Nov. 24th in New
      Orleans) and I begin to arrange the now traditional (13th annual!)
      gathering of all those NT and Biblical and Biblically related e-list
      members (i.e. XTalkers, B-Greeks, and members of Corpus Paulinum,
      John-Lit, Kata Markon, Biblical Studies, T-C List, Ioudaios, Synoptic-L,
      Aramaic, ANE-2, etc. ) who will be going to Boston for the SBL conference.

      [For those of you who do not know what the Society of Biblical
      Literature is and/or are unfamiliar with the SBL Annual Meeting, go
      first to http://www.sbl-site.org/

      and then to

      http://www.sbl-site.org/congresses/Congresses_AnnualMeeting.aspx%5d.

      The informal E-Listers' meeting is planned for Saturday, Nov. 21st at
      11:30 a.m. the Eisenbrauns Press booth (# 704) in the the New
      Orleans Marriott Exhibit Hall.

      As attendees of previous meetings know, this gathering is a great
      opportunity to place a face to an one hitherto known only as an
      electronic personality and/or to renew acquaintances made at previous SBLs.

      As I've done in the past 12 years in arranging this meeting, I'd like to
      get an advance head count of those of you who are intending to attend
      this year's SBL.

      I'd also like to know who among the intended attendees is presenting a
      paper during the conference (and at what time and place and within what
      SBL group or section and under what title).

      So this is the first call to write me OFF LIST at jgibson000 at
      comcast.net and let me know the following:

      (a) if you will be attending;

      (b) if and when and under what aegis (i.e., SBLSection and Session #)
      you are presenting a paper,

      (c) your paper title, AND

      (d) what you consider to be your "home" E-List.

      I'll keep everyone updated as the info comes in to me.

      Again, write to me OFF LIST (jgibson000@...) and please use a
      header that says something like "SBL e-listers' meeting".

      May I ask that if you are letting me know that you are giving a paper,
      that you adhere as closely as possible to the SBL/AAR Program Book
      Format when you do so. That is to say, I'd be grateful if you'd compose
      your information according to this formula:

      Name and Institution
      Section #
      Title of Section
      Date
      Time
      Room
      Paper title

      For example:

      Stephen C. Carlson, Duke University
      SBL 24-112
      Function of Apocryphal and Pseudepigraphal Writings in Early Judaism and
      Early Christianity Section
      Tuesday, 11/24
      11/24/2009
      9:00 AM to 11:30 AM
      Room: Bayside A - SH
      Origen's Use of the Gospel of Thomas

      Looking forward to seeing you in New Orleans!

      Yours,

      Jeffrey

      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
      1500 W. Pratt Blvd.

    • Jeffrey B. Gibson
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2009
        Of course when I said:

        > I begin to arrange the now traditional (13th annual!)
        > gathering of all those NT and Biblical and Biblically related e-list
        > members (i.e. XTalkers, B-Greeks, and members of Corpus Paulinum,
        > John-Lit, Kata Markon, Biblical Studies, T-C List, Ioudaios, Synoptic-L,
        > Aramaic, ANE-2, etc. ) who will be going to *Boston* for the SBL conference.

        I meant I begin to arrange the now traditional (13th annual!)
        gathering of all those NT and Biblical and Biblically related e-list
        members (i.e. XTalkers, B-Greeks, and members of Corpus Paulinum,
        John-Lit, Kata Markon, Biblical Studies, T-C List, Ioudaios, Synoptic-L,
        Aramaic, ANE-2, etc. ) who will be going to *New Orleans* for the SBL
        conference.

        Just more proof that everyone needs a proof reader!

        Jeffrey

        --
        Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
        1500 W. Pratt Blvd.

      • Jeffrey B. Gibson
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 14, 2009
          This is the second notice of the 13th annual E-Lister's that will take
          place at SBL on Saturday, Nov. 21st at 11:30 a.m. the Eisenbrauns
          Press booth (# 704) in the the New Orleans Marriott Exhibit Hall.

          As attendees of previous meetings know, this gathering is a great
          opportunity to place a face to an one hitherto known only as an
          electronic personality and/or to renew acquaintances made at previous SBLs.

          As I've done in the past 12 years in arranging this meeting, I'd like to
          get an advance head count of those of you who are intending to attend
          this year's SBL.

          I'd also like to know who among the intended attendees is presenting a
          paper during the conference (and at what time and place and within what
          SBL group or section and under what title).

          So if you haven't done so already, please write to me OFF LIST at
          jgibson000@... and let me know the following:

          (a) if you will be attending;

          (b) if and when and under what aegis (i.e., SBL Section and Session #)
          you are presenting a paper,

          (c) your paper title, AND

          (d) what you consider to be your "home" E-List.

          I'll publish a list of E-Lister's attendees on Nov. 20th.

          Again, write to me OFF LIST (jgibson000@...) and /please use a
          header that says something like "SBL e-listers' meeting"/.

          May I ask that if you are letting me know that you are giving a paper,
          that you adhere as closely as possible to the SBL Program Book

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 20, 2009
            For those who have not yet left for SBL:

            This is the third and final notice of the 13th annual E-Lister's that
            will take place at SBL on Saturday, Nov. 21st at 11:30 a.m. at the
            Eisenbrauns Press booth (# 704) in the the New Orleans Marriott
            Exhibit Hall.

            As attendees of previous meetings know, this gathering is a great
            opportunity to place a face to an one hitherto known only as an
            electronic personality and/or to renew acquaintances made at previous SBLs.

            So put this in your diaries/datebooks/planners and come along!