RE: [John_Lit] More on 'The Word was toward God' question

  • Bob MacDonald
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 10, 2009
      Kevin

      Unfortunately, this post of yours is unreadable

      I suggest you put posts that are this long in a blog which can handle the
      length and the Unicode. And then point us to the web instead of the long
      email.

      Bob

      Bob MacDonald
      Victoria BC
    • Kevin Snapp
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 11, 2009
        Bob,

        I'm sorry the post is unreadable. Is it actually unreadable for you,
        or do you just mean "ridiculously long"? It's readable on my screen,
        Greek and all, but I admit it is long. I included the texts because I
        wanted readers to be able to evaluate and comment without looking up
        each verse individually.

        I appreciate your suggestion, but don't have a blog. If anyone can't
        read my post and wants to, e-mail me at kalvachomer at yahoo dot com,
        and I'll reply with a Word attachment (or pdf if you like, but it's a
        much larger file).

        Kevin Snapp
        Chicago, IL

        --- In johannine_literature@yahoogroups.com, "Bob MacDonald"
        <bobmacdonald@...> wrote:

        > Kevin
        >
        > Unfortunately, this post of yours is unreadable
        >
        > I suggest you put posts that are this long in a blog which can
        handle the
        > length and the Unicode. And then point us to the web instead of the long
        > email.
        >
        > Bob
        >
        > Bob MacDonald
        > Victoria BC

      • Bob MacDonald
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 11, 2009
          Kevin

          I always enjoy a well reasoned paper. The problem here is that yahoo groups
          destroys your Unicode so the Greek is all in strange double characters

          Starting a blog is easy and free e.g. see here https://www.blogger.com/start
          - but everyone to his or her own taste in public works.

          Bob,
          Victoria BC

          http://drmacdonald.blogspot.com
          http://stenagmois.blogspot.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 11, 2009
            Starting a blog with Blogger is indeed easy, and free, but mine has been missing from the internet since Friday, and if you try to reach it here...

            http://gypsyscholarship.blogspot.com/

            ...you'll get a message saying that it has been removed. I cannot find it, not even on my Blogger profile, so it seems to have been utterly eliminated from the internet.

            I'm hoping that it is still in Google's files somewhere and can be restored, but so far, I've had no reply to my requests via Blogger Help.

            I guess that you get what you 'pay' for, and since Blogger is free, I may have freely lost about four years of daily blogging.

            If anybody knows how I could contact Blogger/Google directly, I'd be grateful.

            Jeffery Hodges

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 21, 2009
              Bob,

              Just a quick response to your blog suggestion. After some thought, I
              decided not to go that route. I'll just avoid Greek here on Yahoo in
              the future, and if anyone wants a Word or pdf version of my prior
              response, I'll be happy to provide it by e-mail. I suppose it is only
              a quirk of vanity, since I have no public persona to protect, but I
              feel that something on a blog (even if no one is looking) should be
              more polished than a response here. It also takes it out of the
              context of a conversation, where things offered for comment may be
              speculation or suggestion rather than conclusion. So thanks, but I'll
              just skip the Greek and transliterate when necessary.

              Kevin Snapp
              Chicago