[John_Lit] [John-Lit] John and Gnosticism

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31 10:05 PM
      Thanks. I'll add these to my bibliography for the students. I hope that they can find these. Unfortunately, these don't seem to be accessible online.

      What would be really helpful would be a recent English language article surveying the question of Gnosticism and John's Gospel. Has anything been done on this?

      Jeffery Hodges

      From: Horace Jeffery Hodges <jefferyhodges@...>
      Subject: [John_Lit] [John-Lit] John and Gnosticism
      To: johannine_literature@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, August 31, 2008, 5:13 PM

      Could someone suggest articles on John and Gnosticism?

      I'm teaching a seminar for Korean graduate students in the Theology
      Department of Ewha Womans University, and I'd like to know some articles
      that treat the Gnostic thesis -- supposed pre-Christian Gnosis, Bultmann's
      views, more recent articles, etc.

      Survey articles would be helpful.