Re: [John_Lit] [John-Lit] John and Gnosticism

  • celucien joseph
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2008
      Barrett, C.K., "The Theological Vocabulary of the Fourth Gospel and of the Gospel of Truth," CINIT, 210-23.

      Brown, R.E., "The Gospel of Thomas and St. John's Gospel," NTS 9 (1962-63):155-177

      C. H. Dodd, Interpretation of the Fourth Gospel, 97-114

      Dubois, J.-D., "Le quatrieme evangile a la lumiere des recherches gnostiques actuelles," Foi et Vie 86 (1987):75-87

      Lieu, J.M., "Gnosticism and the Gospel of John," Exp Tim 90 (1978-79):233-37

      Perkins, P., "John's Gospel and Gnostic Christologies: The Nag Hammadi Evidence," ATR Supplement 11 (1990):68-76

      Sloyan, G.S., "The Gnostic Adoption of John's Gospel and Its Canonization by the Catholic Church," BTB 26 (1996):125-32

      Regards,

      Celucien Joseph
      PhD candidate (NT)
      University of Wales

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 31, 2008
        Thanks. I'll add these to my bibliography for the students. I hope that they can find these. Unfortunately, these don't seem to be accessible online.

        What would be really helpful would be a recent English language article surveying the question of Gnosticism and John's Gospel. Has anything been done on this?

        Jeffery Hodges