Re: [GTh] Are e-lists dying?

  • Jack Kilmon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2008
      I am of the same opinion, Mike. I don't think it is as much blog
      competitions as it is cyclic activity and availability of the scholarly
      community. A new generation of academics and students move in and are
      unaware of the lists. I think an e-forum discussion list circular outlining
      the scholarly lists and their purposes to the religion/Bible Study
      departments of the universities wellactive in these fields would be helpful.
      The Yahoo Groups directory has been so clogged with nut stuff and porn stuff
      that scholars and students stay clear unless they are specifically looking
      for a group. In short, we need a recruitment program in the academic
      communities and members who are active in those communities can be called
      upon to help. I'm going to crosspost this to our other two lists also..