stimulating participation

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2008
      Jack Kilmon wrote:

      > I have been somewhat negligent as a moderator, having taken a sabbatical
      > from online groups because of health reasons. I am back in the saddle again
      > and will consult with Jeffrey Gibson about what we can do to stimulate
      > higher participation. Thanks, Tom.

      I would suggest arranging an online seminar with a noted Johannine scholar who
      has recently published something new and groundbreaking in matters Johannine.

      Doubtless other list members also have ideas about what could be done to get the
      List "going" again.

      Let's hear them.

      Jeffrey
      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
      1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2008
        Jeffry and Jack,
        I'm reading Lazarus, Mary and Martha: Social-Scientific Approaches to the
        Gospel of John, by Philip Esler and Ronald Piper, (Fortress Press, 2006).
        Are either of them part of our list? I'd be interested in a discussion of
        their work by members of this list.

        Tom Butler

        _____

        > I have been somewhat negligent as a moderator, having taken a sabbatical
        > from online groups because of health reasons. I am back in the saddle
        again
        > and will consult with Jeffrey Gibson about what we can do to stimulate
        > higher participation. Thanks, Tom.

        I would suggest arranging an online seminar with a noted Johannine scholar
        who
        has recently published something new and groundbreaking in matters
        Johannine.

        Doubtless other list members also have ideas about what could be done to get
        the
        List "going" again.

        Let's hear them.

        Jeffrey