New address and website for Corpus Paulinum

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2007
      With apologies for cross posting.

      Over the past few months, Corpus Paulinum has become a target for spam
      messages from purveyors of get rich quick schemes, body part enlargement
      pills, pirated software, and any number of other dubious products and
      enterprises.

      The number of such of messages sent to the moderators has increased
      exponentially with each passing day, so that a great deal of our time is
      wasted in deleting these messages and making sure that they do not get
      through to the List membership.

      Requests to our host server asking if there was something that could be
      done about the apparent harvesting and sharing of the C-P address have
      gone unanswered, leaving the moderators with no recourse save to shut
      down the list and reincarnate it at another address.

      And this is exactly what I have done.

      I have created Corpus Paulinum-2 at Yahoo Groups.

      I will be attempting to switch all members of C-P over to this new List
      as soon as possible. But in the mean time I ask all current C-P members
      to help me in this task by sending a subscription request to:

      Corpus-Paulinum-2-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Please forgive me if you are an old member and I send a screening letter
      to you before I (re)approve your membership.

      Yours,

      Jeffrey Gibson
      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)