Re: Logos = Christ

  • kalvachomer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2007
      A recent book, "The Prologue of the Fourth Gospel" by Peter M.
      Phillips (London, T&T Clark 2006), might be a good place to start if
      your university library has it. According to the preface, it is a
      Ph.D. thesis that has not been completely updated (i.e., as of 2006),
      but it has a discussion of logos and the Jewish wisdom tradition as
      well as a careful reading of the prologue to John. I'm not qualified
      to vouch for the bibliography, but as it was compiled for a Ph.D.
      thesis limited to the prologue it should meet your needs better than
      a bibliography covering the entire Gospel.

      Kevin Snapp
      Chicago

      --- In johannine_literature@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Weimer"
      <Christopher.M.Weimer@...> wrote:

      > Pardon for disturbing the silence, but I was wondering if anyone
      had a
      > handy bibliography or perhaps a good (hopefully rather recent)
      article