Logos = Christ

  • Chris Weimer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2007
      Pardon for disturbing the silence, but I was wondering if anyone had a
      handy bibliography or perhaps a good (hopefully rather recent) article
      (or articles) on the equation of Logos and Christ.

      Many thanks for the considerations,

      Chris Weimer, student
      University of Memphis
      Major: Latin and Greek
      Minor: Judaic Studies

      Thoughts on Antiquity <http://neonostalgia.com/weblog/>
      Ancient Mediterranean Cultures <http://neonostalgia.com/forum>

    • kalvachomer
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 9, 2007
        A recent book, "The Prologue of the Fourth Gospel" by Peter M.
        Phillips (London, T&T Clark 2006), might be a good place to start if
        your university library has it. According to the preface, it is a
        Ph.D. thesis that has not been completely updated (i.e., as of 2006),
        but it has a discussion of logos and the Jewish wisdom tradition as
        well as a careful reading of the prologue to John. I'm not qualified
        to vouch for the bibliography, but as it was compiled for a Ph.D.
        thesis limited to the prologue it should meet your needs better than
        a bibliography covering the entire Gospel.

        Kevin Snapp
        Chicago

        --- In johannine_literature@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Weimer"