Re: [John_Lit] [John-Lit] Online Resources

  • Felix Just, SJ
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 26, 2007
      Tom,

      Recommending only one product (as we previously did with ATLA) seems closer to "advertizing"; but providing a longer list of various resources, from which people can choose, might be a helpful service.

      On the other hand, we don't need to reinvent the wheel. So I'd suggest you (and others) first look at some other websites that discuss and rate various Bible study programs (such as http://www.bsreview.org/) before we try to compile something ourselves.

      See also Mark Goodacre's http://ntgateway.com/greek/software.htm, who generally lists only materials available for free, but not commericial software. [He explains his reasons at http://www.ntgateway.com/weblog/2004/02/blogwatch-bible-windows-to-bibloi.html.%5d

      But if the list you compiled is significantly different, feel free to post it.

      Felix

      Tom Butler <pastor_t@...> wrote:
      Felix,

      It's been a while since we last communicated.

      I'm cautious about continuing this thread, since it could be viewed as advertizing particular products. Several other list members have e-mailed me privately with their opinions about quality software. I've indicated that I will forward their suggestions along with my own to the list as soon as the list owner rules whether or not this would be a violation of the list rules. What do you say?

      Thank you for the link to the ATLA website. I have submitted an application. I'll let the list know what happens if that's OK.