Call for proplsals

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2007
      Dear Colleagues,

      Apologies for the short timeline, but I'm looking for proposals within the next week or so on either of two subjects, to be presented in the New Testament and Hellenistic Religions Section of the Pacific Northwest AAR/ASOR/SBL meetings at the University of Lethbridge in Alberta, Canada (May 2-4, 2007).

      First, I need one more reviewer for a review panel on The Fourth Gospel and the Quest for Jesus (T&T Clark, 2006).

      Second, I'd like to have one or two more papers on philosophic/literary/theological readings of John (especially applying the approaches of the likes of Riceour, Gadamer, Ellul, Kristeva, etc.) to an interdisciplinary reading of the Johannine text.

      I'll be finalizing the program next week, so if interested, send me an e-mail at panderso@..., or give me a phone call at 503-554-2651.

      Thanks so much!

      Paul Anderson
      Chair, New Testament and Hellenistic Religions Section, Pacific Northwest AAR/ASOR/SBL
      Professor of Biblical and Quaker Studies
      414 N. Meridian
      George Fox University
      Newberg, OR 97132