10th Annual SBL E-Listers' Meeting, Nov. 18th, 2006

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2006
      With apologies for cross posting.

      It's that time of year again when the Society of Biblical Literature's
      Annual Meeting is just round the corner (Nov. 18th-Nov. 21st) and I
      begin to arrange the now traditional (10th annual!) gathering of all
      those NT and Biblical and Biblically related e-list members (i.e.
      XTalkers, B-Greeks, and members of Corpus Paulinum, John-Lit, Kata
      Markon, Biblical Studies, T-C List, Ioudaios, Synoptic-L, Aramaic,
      ANE-2, etc. ) who will be going to Washington D.C .for the SBL
      conference.

      [For those of you who do not know what the Society of Biblical
      Literature is and/or are unfamiliar with the SBL Annual Meeting, go
      first to

      http://www.sbl-site.org/

      and then to

      http://www.sbl-site.org/congresses/Congresses_AnnualMeeting.aspx%5d.

      The informal E-Lister's meeting is planned for Saturday, Nov. 18th at
      11:30 a.m. in the Washington D.C. Convention Center Exhibit Hall D at a
      place within the exhibit hall yet to be announced.

      As attendees of previous meetings know, this gathering is a great
      opportunity to place a face to an one hitherto known only as an
      electronic personality and/or to renew acquaintances made at previous
      SBLs.

      As I've done in the past 9 years in arranging this meeting, I'd like to
      get an advance head count of those of you who are intending to attend
      this year's SBL.

      I'd also like to know who among the intended attendees is presenting a
      paper during the conference (and at what time and place and within what
      SBL group or section and under what title).

      So this is the first call to write me OFF LIST at jgibson000@...
      and let me know the following:

      (a) if you will be attending;

      (b) if and when and under what aegis (i.e., SBL/AAR Section and Session
      #) you are presenting a paper,

      (c) your paper title, AND

      (d) what you consider to be your "home" E-List.

      I'll keep everyone updated as the info comes in to me.

      Again, write to me OFF LIST (jgibson000@...) and please use a
      header that says something like "SBL e-lister's meeting".

      Looking forward to seeing you in Washington D.C.!

      Yours,

      Jeffrey Gibson

      P.S. Keep in mind that this year there will be a formal, SBL sponsored.
      E-Listers' Brown Bag Lunch Meeting on Sunday, Nov. 19th from 11:45 to
      12:45 in Meeting Room 2-RW where we can talk -- and perhaps do some
      e-list planning -- without the distractions of the exhibit.

      S19-40E-Listers Brown Bag Luncheon
      11/19/2006
      11:45 AM to 12:45 PM
      Room: Meeting Room 2 - RW
      Bring your own lunch (concessions are available in the exhibit hall) and
      join us for discussion.

      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
      1500 W. Pratt Blvd.